The festive season is a time to dress up in your finest. Ladies, get those gorgeous chaniya cholis, and sarees out!
But wait, what about the hair on stomach and body hair?
Amongst the many methods available to remove unwanted stomach hair, a couple stand out- waxing and using depilatory creams.
We highlight the advantages and disadvantages of each method; it's up to you to decide which will best suit your needs.
Waxing is a go-to hair removal method for many women. You can also use it to remove hair from your stomach. On the contrary, while many may think razor is an easier solution, it often leads to nicks, and angry razor bumps. Hence, waxing is a much better solution for removing stomach hair.
Which brings us to the next part; which waxing method should you use—Hot or cold wax? The answer would be: Cold Wax.
Cold Wax is non-messy, quick and easy to use. And if your skin reacts sensitively to heat, cold wax strips is surely a blessing.
Formulated distinctly for all skin types, the Veet Ready-To-Use Wax Strips work perfectly, even on hair of up to 1.5 mm. The wax strips result in long-lasting smooth and hair-free skin for up to *28 days. With its Easy Grip Tab, you can easily get rid of the hair in one swift motion. You will have softer, finer hair growing back with regular use.
The Veet Ready-to-Use Wax Strips has 3 variants:
- Shea Butter and Berry – Normal Skin
- Almond Oil and Vitamin E care – Sensitive Skin
- Aloe vera and Lotus flower – Dry Skin
Also, for those who need a quick tutorial on ‘How to use Veet Wax strips’, check out Sara Ali Khan showing us the ease of use. In just three steps: Peel, Apply and Pull, get salon like smoothness at home.
5 steps for stomach hair removal:
- Peel the strips apart carefully using the Easy Grip tabs and put one aside. Do not let it touch anything.
- With the Easy Grip tab pointing in the direction of your hair growth, place a strip on the area and repeatedly rub in the direction your hair grows to let the hair stick to the wax.
- Hold your skin taut. Hold the tab and pull the strip back in one swift movement. The quicker you pull, the more hair you will remove. You can use each strip until it loses its stickiness.
- After waxing, clean away any excess wax left on your skin with the Perfect Finish wipes.
Depilatories (think Veet) are not as traumatizing to the skin and hair follicles as shaving, so they might help you evade razor burn or ingrown hairs.
Thanks to Veet, its depilatory cream technology has made your hair removal effortless & painless! Veets Hair Removal Creams dissolve the hair just below the skin, so it simply breaks away when you wipe over it. Hair removal creams can keep your skin hair-free for up to four days, and the hair grows back finer over time, so you feel smoother for a longer period.
How to use:
- Please read pack precautions carefully before proceeding.
- Conduct a patch test before proceeding to check whether the cream is compatible with your skin.
- Using the curved side of the spatula, spread the Veet Hair Removal Cream evenly, coating the hair completely.
- Keep the cream on your skin for 5-10 minutes (as instructed), and then use the spatula to remove a small test area. If the hair wipes away easily, use the wider or narrower end of the spatula, depending on the body part, to remove the rest of the hair. If your hair is more stubborn or thick, you can leave the cream on for up to 10 minutes in total - but don't leave it any longer.
- Rinse your skin thoroughly with warm water to remove the cream completely, and then gently pat dry.
If you want to get rid of the hair on your belly, waxing and depilatory creams are the safest, quickest and effective at-home ways. You no longer have to shy away from wearing your favourite backless outfit that shows off your back and navel. Veet’s got your back!
Disclaimer | *‘RB India Pvt Ltd claim based on research conducted by Neilsen in November 2016, among 161 females (SEC A/B, in the age group of 18 – 35) across Delhi.’