Hair Removal : Preventing Ingrown Hairs
Waxing is painful enough and hair bumps and ingrown hair only make the matter worse. Ingrown hair not only prevents you from getting smoother skin it also prolongs your next hair removal session. So you are left with the ways to hide your skin or get rid of ingrown hair.
Yes, you can remove those annoying hair bumps and ingrown hair at home. Many ingrown hairs, given the time, resolve on their own. However, if you see the tip of the hair outside the skin, ingrown hair removal is better to allow the follicle to heal.
So, how to remove ingrown hair at home?
- Wash the area with warm water and mild soap. If the skin doesn’t feel irritated, exfoliate before deep ingrown hair removal.
- Apply warm washcloth over ingrown hair and hold for at least one minute.
- Next, remove the washcloth and using a sterilized needle or teaser tease out the hair.
- When you see the entire hair on your skin surface, remove it using a tweezer.
- Wash the area again with warm water and mild soap and apply a warm washcloth to soothe any skin irritation.
This is the easiest and proven ingrown hair remedy you can easily try at home.
Ingrown hair makes the skin feel rough and bumpy. But using Veet products can help you feel more confident. If you use Veet products by properly following the mentioned instructions, you won’t see a growth of ingrown hair after your hair removal session.
Though now you know how to get rid of hair bumps and ingrown hair removal at home, we believe precaution is better than cure. So whichever Veet products you may be using -
Veet Hair Removal Cream’s or Veet Ready-to-Use Wax strips – follow this routine and tips to prevent the growth of ingrown hair.
- Exfoliate your skin at least 24 hours before hair removal. This not only prevents the growth of ingrown hair but also helps in ingrown hair on leg removal.
- Also, keep continuing with your exfoliation schedule post hair removal. Exfoliating your skin for at least three days after waxing will aid in removing the dead skin cells and allow normal re-growth of hair preventing the hair bumps and in turn ingrown hair removal.
- Use a lotion that includes hydroxy acids to moisturize after hair removal. Hydroxy acids help loosen dead skin and thus prevent ingrown hair.
- Wear loose clothing at least for the next 24 hours after waxing or any other hair removal methods. This will prevent skin irritation due to clothes continuously rubbing against your skin and avoid the growth of hair bumps.
Follow through these tips before and after using Veet products for hair removal. As a result, you will get salon-smooth skin minus the irritation and pain all the while in the privacy and comfort of your home.