Waxing your skin gives amazing results if it is done right. And whenever you hear or read about waxing, you hear the term exfoliation. Now, some might know what exfoliation is, but most people do not do it right, which eventually affects the overall waxing procedure and results. Don’t worry; we've come to the rescue. In this article, we will learn everything that is to know about exfoliation.
What is Exfoliation?
Simply put, exfoliating is the method of removing dead cells from the outer layer of your skin using a chemical, granular substance, or exfoliator tool. Exfoliating your skin is an essential part of any skincare routine. Exfoliating regularly will smooth your skin's rough patches, decrease redness, wanes acne scars and dark spots, and brightens your complexion. The most important fact is that exfoliating makes the rest of your skincare products work thoroughly and faster and increases the amazing afterglow effects.
Why is Exfoliation crucial?
Generally, your skin sheds dead skin cells naturally to generate new cells every 30 days or so, but often, dead cells don’t shed fully. This incomplete shedding can result in dry, flaky patches and clogged skin pores. Exfoliating your skin regularly can help prevent all this. Exfoliating is especially beneficial as we age, and cell generation slows down to prevent skin from looking dull, by keeping the process moving along at the right speed.
How to Exfoliate Your Skin
While using any exfoliant, begin by washing your face with a gentle cleanser, focusing on your T-zone (if working on your face). Work it into your skin for up to a minute, using gentle pressure while massaging in a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry with a clean towel.
When using a manual exfoliant like a scrub, take an ample amount of your scrub and massage it onto your skin in circular motions, avoiding the area around your eye. Gently massage the scrub onto the skin for as long as your specific product suggests, usually from 30 seconds to a full minute. Then, rinse off with warm water and gently pat your skin with a clean towel.
Benefits of exfoliation
- It is an effective way to prevent ingrown hair and bumps – before and after waxing.
- It is an amazing way to rejuvenate and refresh your skin.
- It improves the grip of wax on your hair instead of the skin.
- Gentle exfoliation can reduce pain during the process of waxing.
- It helps skincare products seep deeper and be more productive.
- For those who want the perfect tanned look, exfoliation helps in achieving that better.
- It helps in getting a youthful and glowing skin.
- The texture of the skin enhances, making it softer. It is the easiest method to revive dry and dull skin.
- Exfoliation also helps in getting an effective shave.
- It aids in evening out the skin tone.
Now that you know the first step of waxing, feel free to use Veet Ready-to-Use Wax Strips for an efficient hair removal experience. Or if you want painless hair removal, go for Veet’s Hair Removal Creams. So, exfoliate, wax and moisturize, always!